Here's a little experiment I've been wanting to do since a long
time. I recorded some grooves on different basses using four different
types of instrument cables of all prices.
- MTD: Heir 5 string with OBP-3 preamp and Nordstrand (MM+J)
pickups. Ash body, maple fingerboard. Strung with old MTD strings.
- Kinal: MK5-B 5 string with Bartolini preamp and pickups. Alder
body, pau ferro fingerboard. Strung with DR Lo-riders nickel.
- Kramer: Focus 7000, passive 4 string strung with Thomastik-Infeld
flatwounds. P+JJ pickups.
- SX: SJB-75C, 4 string passive with Dimarzio pickups, strung
with old DR Sunbeams. Ash body, maple fingerboard.
- Bayou: 12', canare GS-6 cable, neutrik connectors.
- Monster: 12', Prolink - Monster Bass.
- Zaolla: G-10, 10'.
- Planet Waves: PW-G-10, 10', custom serie.
- Bass to Aguilar DB900 DI into Lexicon Alpha USB soundcard
direct to Cubase LE. No compression or any EQ added. No mastering
or level adjustment (which explain the overall low volume of